Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Getting Ready To Do Research

Please enjoy my free-writing, rough thinking blog-logs. I am not under any pressure from myself to impress anyone. This isn't about the writing Bridgett (have to tell myself that), its about the food journey.

I will be twenty eight on December 26th of this year, 2010. I needed a wonderful birthday gift to give myself. I am going to give myself a change of life. I am going to take a massive leap and try my best to heal myself from the inside out. I am going to do big things with this body and start treating her right.

I wanted to create this blog to keep me updated on my progress and also, anyone who tags along will keep me accountable. I am at a place in life where I do research and take it easy instead of jumping in both feet first. Here I am, I am ready and my text blog begins my journey. Tomorrow is my day off work and I am looking forward to my research session. I am at a great point because I am in between semesters at college and while my brain is on break I can push my body into a detox before I begin implementing my brand new food lifestyle.

My hopes are that this becomes a way of life, a hobby, and a mission. I hope this goes well, but of course I have a lot of reservations about my journey. I am nervous about failing. I am scared. I do want it though.

What got me to this point? 
Crazy Sugar/Caffeine addiction: I am crazy about the crack-like refined sugar. It does things to my body that slow me down so I counter attack the effects with energy drinks and high potency coffee. I noticed how bad it was when I was full and still, frantically searching the cupboards for anything sweet - needing a fix.
Chronic constipation. I don't need to explain this one.
The muffin top: Its dawning on me....
Fatigue: IN THE MORNING! Hello! I have to drag myself out of bed and talk myself into getting going.
Mood swings. Anger, Depression, Caffeine induced mania.
Bad skin. I am 27 years old and I have zits, dry and oily skin.
Aches and pains. I am too young to be feeling so old.
Lack of motivation and focus. I want to get centered, peaceful, and present.


So, to sum this all up, I want better for myself. I know I can do this, but I need a little courage, a little faith, and a lot of hard work. I must mention that I finally want to give myself something REAL, something to have pride in. If I can go though this, educating myself and telling my story, I can say "There it is", "I did that".


More coming soon.

2 comments: